Saturday, February 22, 2014

Kitchen Sink Vegetable Soup

About a month ago I joined a vegetable coop, Bountiful baskets.  http://www.bountifulbaskets.org

The produce is just wonderful. I picked up my second basket today. When I went to put it in the refrigerator, I noticed that I had a lot of "leftovers". So, I pulled it all out. Put all of the new stuff in and began chopping. I used my spiral and slice and easy slicer. Made the work pretty fast.

http://new.pamperedchef.com/pws/tkennedy/product/1136

So, here is my recipe for Vegi soup and left over chicken. Enjoy!!

In a stock pot, heat 4 quarts water

3 leeks
4 stalks celery
3 bunches green onions
5 carrots
5 stalks Bok Choy
1 head garlic
3 russet potato
1 gold potato

Chop the leeks and green onions. Use a mandoline or spiral and slice for all of the other Vegis. By slicing very thin, reduces cooking time.

Bring to a boil.

Add:
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp salt

Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Use a stick blender and blend until it is just chunky.

I added two cooked chicken breasts, cut into chunks.

Serve. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment