Saturday, February 15, 2014

Chicken Wraps

Eating healthy does not have to be hard or tasteless. I am approaching week one on my diet plan. I have lost 7 pounds so far! Woo hoo!! There are a wide variety of ingredients that I have to chose from. The trick is mixing it up and keeping it interesting. Today I cooked about 4 pounds of chicken breasts and one chuck roast. This should get me through about 3 or 4 days of meals. Instead of a salad, this is what I made this evening. Enjoy!!

Chicken Wrap

Heat your skillet. I used a grill pan and press.

Spray the pan with olive oil

1 chicken breast boneless

Season the breast with your favorite seasoning. I used buffalo rub this time for a little kick. Place the breast into a gallon bag. Pound the breast with a tenderizer until uniformly thin.

1 sweet onion

Spiral cut the onion. Or slice it very thin with a mandoline.

8 mushrooms

Slice with an egg slicer.

Place the breast into the hot grill pan. Place the onions and mushrooms on one side. Cover with the press. Allow to cook about 4 minutes. Turn the breast. Cook 2-4 minutes.  Place on a paper towel.

Season with kosher or low sodium salt

Flat bread or 1 pita pocket
1/4 cup fresh spinach

Slice the chicken into thin strips. Place in bread. Top with onions, mushrooms and spinach. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment